Solar Power International (SPI) generates success for solar energy professionals and the global solar industry. SPI sets the standard for solar events as the fastest growing and largest solar show in North America as recognized by Trade Show Executive and Trade Show News Network. SPI has also been among the Gold 100 for seven years running and named “Stickiest Show Floor” by Trade Show Executive for the innovative ways in which attendees stay engaged.
Why Las Vegas?
- Viva Las Vegas! Solar Power International is heading back to Las Vegas, Nevada, September 10-13, 2017, at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center. Las Vegas is an obvious choice for Solar Power International. It is one of the most dynamic cities in the world and is a gateway to the west coast and international solar markets.
- In 2016, Nevada installed 984 MW of solar electric capacity, ranking it forth nationally.
- There are currently more than 83 solar companies at work throughout the value chain in Nevada, employing 8,371 people.
- The 2,191.1 MW of solar energy currently installed in Nevada ranks the state forth in the country in installed solar capacity. There is enough solar energy installed in the state to power 360,000 homes.
- In 2016, $1,270.89 million was invested on solar installations in Nevada.
- Installed solar photovoltaic system prices in the U.S. have dropped steadily – 64% over the last five years in Nevada.
For those looking for fun things to do while in Las Vegas visit their visitors center website.